Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Won the Kurt Schork Memorial Award 2017 for: How Nepali Women Are Forced To ‘Sell’ Their Skin To Make Rich Indians Beautiful
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco and UNCA Global Prize for coverage of Climate Change in 2014 for: Ready for only tourists, Insensitive to sensitive zone and Heaven’s rage. The award was given away by UN general secretary Ban Ki-Moon in New York.
- Best-published articles on “Reporting on the fate of victims of armed violence – humanitarian stories” by the Press Institute of India and the International Committee of the Red Cross in 2012 for: Alienation, A village where everyone is a Maoist, Politics of fear, suppression took away hope from them and Brutal inheritance.
- CMS- Panos Young Environment Journalist Award, 2011 for: Farmers starve as polls knock on the door, A hungry land looks homewards, A shelter too far for cyclone & flood relief, In Sunderbans, postmasters are gods, Changing landscapes, changing lives, Old folk and the sea… at their doorstep, Aila victims still in search of a livelihood, Clinging on to the last bit of hope, Home away from home, No man’s land, Rice fields then, salt banks now.
- Shortlisted for Kurt Schork Memorial Award 2015 for Missing evidence and other stories on Bhopal Gas Tragedy.